10 Powerful Tips to SOAR at Networking!
- Do create authentic connections. Approach people with a “how can I help you” mentality.
- Do research presenters, speakers, panelists before you get to qthe event.
- Do attend events that take you out of your comfort zone. Accept unique invitations and meet new pools of people
- Do use social media as a tool, but know nothing beatsface-to-face…ever!
- Do be bold in connecting people when opportunity will benefit both parties. Introductions are golden!
Here are 5 things NOT to do when building your network…
- Don’t be a business card shark! Two to three authentic conversations are more important that a handful of business cards!
- Don’t make the conversation all about you.
- Don’t forget to follow-up after you establish an authentic connection.
- Don’t go with a group of friends. Often going with even one person can limit your ability to meet new contacts as you end up chatting with your friend throughout the event.
- Don’t be afraid to connect with the “big wigs.” They’re human too!